Please read the information below thoroughly on the scholarship of interest before proceeding to apply. This will help you in the application process.
Tertiary Scholarship Information:
- Applicant must be a Jamaican Citizen.
- Be a client of any Sagicor Group Jamaica subsidiaries (Sagicor Life, Sagicor Bank, Sagicor Investments)
- Have a letter of acceptance to an undergraduate degree programme in Jamaica or be enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme in Jamaica with a 3.0 and above GPA, at one of the following institutions:
- University of the West Indies, Mona Campus
- University of Technology, Jamaica
- Northern Caribbean University
- University College of the Caribbean
- Caribbean Maritime University
- Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts
- Mico University College
- Maintain full-time student status during the length of the programme.
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Demonstrate high academic performance (GPA, CXC, CAPE etc.)
- Show strong leadership traits and spirit of volunteerism and involvement (eg. Membership in an established youth club, Involvement in a service club, Voluntary community service or school involvement)
- Scholarships are renewable annually up to a maximum of four years. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and complete 20 hours of voluntary service annually.
Secondary Scholarship Information:
- Awarded to children of subscribers to the Government Employee Administrative Services Only (GEASO) and Commercial Health Policies administered by Sagicor Life Jamaica.
- Child must have successfully completed examinations to matriculate from the primary level to secondary level.
- The scholarship is valued at $50,000 per recipient, renewable annually up for a maximum of five (5) years.
- Scholars must maintain an academic average of at least a ‘B’ or 80% average overall.
- Apply through your HR Department or Administrator’s office.